Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During early summer I'm going to travel to the Caribbean. Anguilla to be exact. I'm plan on bringing a 8500 spinfisher v with one of the heavy duty okuma spinning travel rods. I have 65lb braid spooled on the reel. I believe catching small snappers, tarpon, and snooks is a possibility. If there are any other species that i could target let me know, but the main issue is that i dont know what lures, leaders, soft plastics, or weights i need. I have looked in to getting a fishing license for anguilla but im not sure i need it. I need some advice, but mostly what lures do i need to purchase.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Hope to find and answer here, I am going to do the same thing the next time I go to St. John, I had a reel but no rod and watched tarpon (I think) swim amongst us the whole time I was there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anguilla

Man, I have done a lot of research on the place, but have not got a lot of useful information. I traveled to the bvi before and seen big tarpon roaming the beaches and docks. I found the okuma travels spinning rod that will match my spinfisher 8500. The rod suits up to 60lb braid. I have 65lb braid it will not make a difference. I would suggest looking at this rod. It is more heavy duty for tarpon and bigger reef fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts