Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me vent, please.

At the end of our subdivision by the highway, some dumba$$ dumped out a hog carcass and hide right beside the road. I guess he/she wanted everyone to enjoy the aroma and getting to see vultures up close.

It's hard to imagine how stupid someone has to be to do this. Not only is it a nuisance, but it's also fuel for the anti-hunting crowd.

Whew, thanks, I feel better. :yes:

Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Just 1 more thing for the anti-hunters to raise hell about.

I see carcasses all over the dirt roads, etc...someone used to dump them off I-10 by ward Basin road till they fenced that spot off.

Come on guys...take proper care of this stuff.

·
Blowhard extrordinair
2,274 Posts
Mine usually get drug out to the woods behind the house. Next road behind my house is 9 miles away. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
998 Posts
Come on guys...take proper care of this stuff.

What do you guys that live in town do? I don't hunt but did butcher a couple chickens Saturday night. I just double bagged it and put everything in the garbage can as it got picked up this morning.

·
Super Moderator
28,614 Posts
I dump mine in different areas at my place....I need to set up a baiting station fer the yotes!!!

·
Registered
8,419 Posts
That's a pet peeve of mine but you aren't going to change the slobs that do it. I'm sure this is just one of their shortcomings. What REALLY pisses me off is when you see a carcass beside the road with just the backstraps gone. Idiots.
I clean mine at the hunting camp and we have a spot where we dump the carcasses. They don't last too long with the coyotes and buzzards around.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
What do you guys that live in town do? I don't hunt but did butcher a couple chickens Saturday night. I just double bagged it and put everything in the garbage can as it got picked up this morning.
I dont see anything wrong about the garbage can but honestly I am starting to clean mine in the woods now. I just need to remember to take a cooler with me. As long as it is the next day and the neighbors dont see or smell. Garbage man I am sure they have smelt worse.

·
Registered
9,995 Posts
They probably made an effort and drove a ways and decided they went far enough, not realizing where exactly they were? People are dumb, quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
It's WAY to common. Gives "sportsmen" a bad name for sure. Probably the same fine folks who "gift us" with their old sofas, construction debris, and appliances. Dirt bags.

:thumbdown::bangin:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sad part is no matter what state you are in this happens. Had game comm. arrest a guy that I knew for dumping. Stated to game official that the animals will eat it. 500.00. he rethought it. Gives everyone of us a bad name. We are trying to promote our hunting and fishing and then then we subject the public to our discards. Not cool. We do not live in the middle of nowhere anymore. Those years are long gone. Be responsible or we all will face the peta people. People don't realize they have a ton of money to fight there fight. We don't need to help them in there quest. A lot of people will say they will do what they want and the hell with them. It is just further fuel for the fire. We need more people on our side not against us. rant over.

·
Registered
250 Posts
On another note had a friend that was a farmer and owned over 500 acres. Had a habit of dumping his deer remains along a country road. Took a long time to convince him that the public people where seeing this all the time. Finally seen the light and went one step better. Had some pita people come to his property and showed them what happens to deer in severe weather. Starvation even on a farm. This in Pennsylvania with our bad winters and ice. Not a pretty site. Back then we had a big problem with too many deer. If you didn't live there it is hard to believe that deer herds could number well over 50. We had massive die offs till the game comm. finally seen the light and started to cut the herd. Starvation is a bitter site to see for anyone.

·
Praedator
10,074 Posts
The bears take care of my stuff in quick order where I put mine. I've shot one in the morning and cleaned it. Dumped it in the woods and then shot another in the evening. Went to the same spot to dump the second carcass and the first one was gone and you could see the drag marks where the whole thing had been drug off.

The bears eat good when I get a deer.

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
I toss it in the can when in town. Try to leave the head or feet hanging out to see looks from passer byers. They already think I am psycho, after butchering 5 hogs a few years ago in the front yard !!! Lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
Seen a few doe carcasses dropped off on the yellow river management road. Its not going to keep the deer away from there though. Maybe I should just sit there and cut the deer off on their way to the corn pile on private land.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Wait till you see one in a Walmart shopping cart.,

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I just dump mine at the nearest sub division or ditch. I don't see the problem. :whistling::devil2:

Reactions: grouper22
1 - 19 of 19 Posts