Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright all you archery guru's. My son just bought me a Hoyt Havetec for Christmas and now I have to buy carbon arrows. Which ones are the best. I have always shot Easton XX75's and they have never let me down, but my son says he didn't buy me a state of the art bow for me to shoot aluminums. So fire away. I'm no greenhorn to archery,just to carbons, I have been shooting deer with a bow since 1980.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I shoot the Beamen ICS hunter arrows and really like them. If i didnt shoot them I would probably shoot the Easton axis arrows. Spend the extra money and it will pay you back in the long run. I shoot the hoyt vetrix bow I think you will really like your new bow.

·
Registered
213 Posts
i shoot kill and love both

REDHEAD carbon fury 350

BEMAN carbon venture 500 ics

both are very fast shooting and straight also i use muzzy4-blade broadheads they are awesome nice product.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which ones, they only make a dozen different models.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Walmart's 6075 Terminator Carbon Express..8,00 a piece but super straight shooting and I'm on my 3rd year with them...Tehy are very similiar to the Redheads

·
Registered
954 Posts
My .02 Shoot what looks good to you...to a point! Latley I have been using the Easton Axis 340 with Blazer vanes. They are very consistent and the only ones that I have broken are the 2 that did't pass thru!!

I have a question..has any one tried the FOB "vanes" I just order a set to set how they shoot...I'll let you know! I watced a guy shoot a 3 inch group at 100yds on youtube.com???

Attachments

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input guys. I went to Outcast and they sent me to Buck and Bass soI had my draw length fixed ,1 dz PSE .003 stright carbon arrows cut to length and fixed and 1 draw stop screw and a box of 270 federal premium 130 gr bullets for 100 bills I think I did farely well. Thanks again, George

·
Registered
179 Posts
I USE SATILITE PLAMINUM ARROWS AND FOBS. DO NOT SHOT AT SAME SPOT OR YOU WILL DAMAGE ARROW OR FOBS. I USE 125 3 BLADE INNERLOC BROADHEADS. THE FOBS ARE SOFTER THAN THEY LOOK BUT ARE VERY TUFF. I ONLY MESSED UP THREE AND TWO GOT BENT ON MY KISSER BUTTON BEFORE I STOPPED USING IT. I USE THE FOB IN ITS PLACE. THE DENTED FOBS STILL FLY GOOD. IF YOU DONT LIKE THEM POST THEM AND I WILL BUY THEM. SATILITE ARROWS ON EBAY ARE VERY GOOD PRICE AS THEY STOPPED MAKING THEM AND PRICE HAS DROPPED. I PAYED 58.00 FOR 12 AND USED TO BE 130.00. THEY DO MAKE NOISE IN W.B REST SO WOULD NOT BUY IF YOU USE W.B.IF YOU LIKE PRETTY RROWS THEY HAVE FOB WRAPS OUT THAT LOOK GOOD.

·
Registered
344 Posts
goldtip make a good arrow , beeman too. I just started shooting carbon express ,sofar so good. as long as the spine is correct about all carbons are pretty equal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts