Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to PFF but heard about you guys on The Hull Truth. Needless to say better forum in that there is a lot more localized info. Hopefully I'm in the right section but if not mods please move thread. I would like to find a captain to go out on my boat which is a 29 ft Everglades with twin 250s with a range of about 120 miles and teach me some techniques on trolling for wahoo and marlin and possibly catch a tuna. I'm changing my style of fishing from bottom fishing bc of the government regs and I fish in the big bend area and you have to travel too far to get to deep water. Is this doable in my boat? Any suggestions and information is greatly appreciated.
Thanks! And tight lines

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
For clarification, what area are you wanting to leave from? The Big Bend area, Destin, Pensacola, Perdido, etc...? If youre planning on the big bend area Im not so sure you have the range to reliably get on marlin and yellowfin tuna. Dolphin, wahoo, and blackfin maybe.

The tuna bite is very good right now, or at least it was until the fan turned on. There are many guys that will be perfect for what you are looking for and hopefully theyll chime in soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on trailering to Destin Pensacola or orange Beach. Wherever the captain I choose wishes to leave from. Thanks for helping me clarify that.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I can show you some tricks. 850-532-5458

·
Registered
848 Posts
Captain Delynn Sigler
Offshore/Deepsea Fishing Guide
(850)669-9100 Hm/Office
(850)758-2165 Cell

This guy mashes em! I've heard he's one of the best, super nice guy and very reasonable from some good sources

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Can't believe...

Nobody said Woody Woods????

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I've talked to Adam and Delynn and both seem to be great guys. If the weather will ever break going to give them a try.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure didn't price the overnighter. But they seem to be great guys with tons of knowledge and reasonable for day trips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts