Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Kim (11/1/2009)there are 600,000 tags mentioned, how many recreational anglers are there out of the 20 million Florida residents??

Kim
Better question is:

How many boat owners that have a boat that can get offshore to get snapper? I wouldn't consider poontoon boats and skiffs in this equation. They can request them if they like though. That is still not gonna stop the accurate count of snapper caught. Folks in South Florida may be lucky to catch 20 snapper a year. That is why there is flawed data in the STOCK of snapper.

Also wouldn't count on that many tags being requested out of SOUTH FLORIDA, just like snook lic. requested up here.

·
Registered
935 Posts
captwesrozier (11/1/2009)kim...how can you catch a red snapper with out a boat?
Kayaks aren't registered and they are also caught from structures such as the Navy wharf and the fishing bridges....But , that is an miniscule few when compared to the whole scheme...

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Wes what is the percentage of the TAC that we recreational anglers are going to get under your plan? As I understood it you were talking about the recreational anglers getting half of the TAC? That would be taking 24 1/2 % of the TAC away from us.

Kim

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Kim (11/1/2009)Wes what is the percentage of the TAC that we recreational anglers are going to get under your plan? As I understood it you were talking about the recreational anglers getting half of the TAC? That would be taking 24 1/2 % of the TAC away from us.

Kim
JESUES, AS always. Commercial gets around 50%. The other 50% is divided between the charter and rec fleet. :banghead:banghead

That is where the 24% comes in. :banghead

26% going to the charter fleet.:banghead

I don't agree with that but that is where the # is coming from. I think it should be around 20% charter and 30% rec but though. There is not that many charter boats but they have to make a living also.

IF IT IS SUCH A BIG ISSUE TO THE GOV. THEN THE SHOULD JUST SHUT IT DOWN FOR 2 YEARS. That includes the commercial guys.

That wouldn't fly very good though due to all the money the GOV would lose. :doh

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Evensplit (11/1/2009)A truly rare occurrance, I agree with Bay Pirate. They feds have no intention of acquiring accurate data - it makes things too difficult.
<P align=center>Thanks for the smile this evening, that's music to my ears!<P align=center>

21 - 27 of 27 Posts