Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Creaky Tiki
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 2006 21OS. I live in TN but frequent the Pensacola and Orange Beach area for fishing. I'm so used to being in a bay boat and not venturing to far offshore. I put on 2 HDS Gen 2 units and are looking for a good SD card to to show all the reefs and wrecks offshore of my normal areas in PCOLA and OB. Can someone recommend which one to purchase. I dont expect I'll be doing anything to crazy offshore. Maybe 15 miles at best bottom fishing and trolling from spot to spot. Also I thought i read something about a fee for the SD cards. Is that for when I update them? or am I missreading something? Id like to think it's a one time buy and can be updated as needed for which ever company I purchase from.

Also I have a FIN NOR Santiago SA30 that I need to piece togethere. Someone throw some good suggentions for a rod to match it up with. Will be used for bottom fishing and trolling. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just save your money and google Escambia County artificial reefs and get a bunch of coordinates for free and plug them into your machine.

·
Creaky Tiki
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyones help. I was able to download several files and convert the all the reefs and wrecks onto my Google Earth Map on my cell phone. It would be money if someone knew how to convert that to a Lowrance unit. I spent about 2 hours pluggins in numbers!!! talk about a job!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Strikelinescharts.com is where I went to download all of the public reef numbers. I also purchased a set of bay numbers. They have been great to work with for me.

·
Registered
591 Posts
It is a job to manually plug in the numbers. I believe there is a program that converts them, but I can't say for sure.

As for finding non-public numbers, the more you get out there, the more you'll find. A lot will be a bust, but if you spend enough time out there, you'll find a honeyhole!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts