Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out today that I might have to go up to Cape Cod, MA for about a year to build a hotel was wondering if anyone knows anything or has any experience in this part of the world:fishing,people,and living?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Some of the best Striped Bass fishing on the East Coast ! Bourne Bridge area is amazing. Once you find out where in CC you'll be, I can be more specific.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Yeah, I've spent a LOT of time on the Cape. It's a GREAT place. Get's pretty crowded in the summer, but there is miles and MILES of beach. VERY laid back between Labor Day and Memorial Day. All kinds of great fishing. Housing is DAMN expensive. It's fairly large so where you work will help decide where to live. Do some exploring...quaint little well preserved towns (Chatham, Truro, Provincetown, etc.). Hyannis is more modern/generic/blah.

A couple of "must do's":

Go on a whale watch tour

trip to the islands (Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket)

Weekend in Beantown (can take a ferry from P-town)

Red Sox vs. Yankees at Fenway Park (avoid the bleachers. Best seats are above the "Green Monster")

Fall foliage trip to New Hampshire, Vermont, and/or Maine, in Mid- October. Get up in the Mountains.

Plymouth Plantation

4th of July Boston Pops concert/fireworks on the Esplanade (Charles River).

I could go on and on.....ENJOY! Oh yeah, get some warm clothes!

·
Registered
328 Posts
MY BEST FRIEND <U>WAS</U> MARRIED TO A GIRL FROM HYANNIS PORT WENT UP THERE AND FISHED SEVERAL TIMES. STRIPED SEA BASS FISHING IS GREAT THE AREA IS VERY NICE BUT I CAN NOT SAY THE SAME FOR THE PEOPLE! MAKE SURE TO GO TO MARTHA'S VINEYARD AND NANTUCKETT! AVOID GOING TO PROVINCETOWN UNLESS YOU LIKE PENSACOLA ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!:letsdrink

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
sbp17 might be able to answer some of those questions for you. He spent a summer up there playing in the Cape Cod baseball league.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I played baseball in the cape one summer in Orleans. I kind of got a bad taste in my mouth just because Im use the the beautiful coast of florida. I heard all of this hipe about how great the cape was and I was really dissappointed after living there for a month.

The beaches were not as pretty, the food was not as good, the fishing was ok if you get to know the area but you will be targeting different species like striped bass and blue fish, the whole area I thought was pretty boring, the people were not as nice and the girls were not as HOT!!

Just my 02 cents on the cape. Not trying to dissapoint you but I really didnt like it after living in the paradise that we have in florida.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I had to wear my winter clothes in the middle of July.

Brant Peacher

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys I turned down the job! I told them it what take more than they could afford for me to go :moon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts