Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ole 150hp just wasn't enough for my boat. Did fine with no gear, no passengers, no waves, and low fuel...but fully loaded was a bog.
Itching to get this one in the water to try out and clock my break in hours.
Thanks to Captains Choice boats in FT. Walton.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Note to self: Always opt for maximum power option. You can always throttle back.:p
I agree....the 200hp was $4k less and he was pushing it hard, but my boat is rated for a 225hp. I kept thinking that if I got the 200hp and the first time it didn't perform the way I am hoping, I would be kicking myself. With this one, I have done all I can do....
Of note: I'm not a top speed guy, I just want it to get on plane easily and perform better under rough conditions.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
We maxed out our motor when we purchased the boat thank goodness, but the dealer tried to talk us out of it. The one thing we really had to dial in was the correct prop. We changed a couple of times before we found the right one for our needs. If you ask 10 different people on what prop you need, you will get 10 different answers. We wanted more hole shot then top end and every boat is different. And we had to raise the motor a notch so there is that too.
Good luck finding the right combo. It takes a bit but it is worth it.

·
Registered
928 Posts
My power was fine once initially purchased but then came i-Pilot and additional batteries. Plus the location batteries were stored. My boat is rated for up to a 250 buts it’s got the 150 on it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My power was fine once initially purchased but then came i-Pilot and additional batteries. Plus the location batteries were stored. My boat is rated for up to a 250 buts it’s got the 150 on it.
That was the case with me as well with all the added accessories made it that much worse.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We maxed out our motor when we purchased the boat thank goodness, but the dealer tried to talk us out of it. The one thing we really had to dial in was the correct prop. We changed a couple of times before we found the right one for our needs. If you ask 10 different people on what prop you need, you will get 10 different answers. We wanted more hole shot then top end and every boat is different. And we had to raise the motor a notch so there is that too.
Good luck finding the right combo. It takes a bit but it is worth it.
Agree....with that 150hp, I bought 3 different props and tried out 2 more...15 different opinions on what size/pitch I needed. The novice I am, I was convinced nothing satisfies quite like extra HP. I hope our prop choice is the correct one with this motor/boat combo. I do not want to go through that again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts