Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Throwing away all other lures....except forthese ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and maybe I'll keep a few gulps for the bottom.

Launched FOG THIRTY at 17th Avenueboat ramp. Fished by train tracks with no luck.. and as soon as fog lifted...headed forGulf Breeze. I passed three wadingthe entrance to Hoffmans Bayou...thats weekend fishing :bangheadso headed a little west not much. Arrived at 9:00 am and started fishing with 27MR XLjust a few pics...

LOST ALL HIS SPOTS...

Ended up catching three, all about 15"...all released... Oh wellit's hard to take pic without thebetter half...HAD to work:reallycrying

Got back to 17th with Officer M. Manning waiting on the shore...he didn't know a little boat could carry so much shittttt!!!!but the right shittt!!! received my "SAFETY CHECK 2008 STICKER".We ended up talking for awhile... COOL dude MANN!!! Also,met CCC he and his wife were out trying to catch ared fishwith no LUCK...seemed like nice Peeps!!!

AND NOWE DIDN'T FALL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH... POPS IN-LAW went off to a better place...STILL picking up all the pieces... needed a break TODAY!!!!!

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Pop's In law, those are tough times.

Glad you caught a few fish, guess my fish in the water techinique is catching on!

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Yeah,I remember that red. He was beat up! I have noticed more reds this year that are a little beat up. Theory....maybe we're releasing more, that's a good thing!!

Happy fishing!

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
By the way, I was noticing your knot on the top water lure. I am no telling you what to do, but for me, unless there's a ring on the nose,I have gone exclusively to a loop knot , so the bait has a more natural action!

PS: same with jigs, but don'ttell anyone it's a secret!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coryphaena, I thought is was a baby white trout...but the yellow fins didn't look right... now I know:banghead The late BOB ROZIER... AKA Capt Wes... "POPS" handed down this knot in his living room...1976...and thats the way it remains...tried both ways, I think it a skill factor and a lot of luck...and determination.Too much action and the treble will hook theleading line...who knows..what ever works for ya MAN!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Coryphaena---the fish you were refering to as a"momzelle' is the atlantic threadfin (Polydactylus Octonemus).In the late 1960's and early 70's in the fall of the year,we would find these small fish schooling at Ft.Pickens pier,along with round scads "cigar minnows",big eye scads"popeyes"and herring.The water would be black with this "bait fish" on the out going tideand all one had to do was use a small treble hook(#4)tied to 10 or 12 lb test line,snatch a baitfish and throw it up-current from the pier.Spotted seatrout,redfish or flounder would nail this baitfish.It seems this species( A.Threadfin) has met its fate in the Pensacola/Escambia bay system due to many factors.... shrimping,pollution,etc.as the population has been depleted.

http://www.eol.org/taxa/17134005

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have that same mirrolure "baby mullet" how are you fishing it ?I have yet to catch anything with it.

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl12_lblPostSignature>"CCC" (Can't Catch Crap)

Actually this color looks more like an LY, they come in many colors. And yesI tie straight to the eye...was out Sunday afternoonand tried both ways.LOOP way...4 out 10 tangled with the leadingline, none...tied straight to the eye. Anyhoo I fish this over grass flats 2 to 12 feet and on small bayou/canalssame depth. I usually hold the rod tip at water level sometimes under the surface depends how deep I want it to run...with slow steady retreive then a twitch a couple times and pauseand back to retreive. I usually cover a lotof territory until I find fish withmany...many cast.SLASH fish as bass fisherman call it. Oh well good luck and don't give up on 3 Mile just poor timing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It will COME!!!!!!!!

HELL....Sunday I tried Escambia Bay NW...NE and even Santa Rosa Sound with no LUCK Shit Happens!!!!!got rid of some stale gas E10 problems!!!!never let your gas sit too long.

THANKS AGAIN ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
155SprtFsh (10/26/2008)IShit Happens!!!!!got rid of some stale gas E10 problems!!!!never let your gas sit too long.THANKS AGAIN ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
<P align=center>Wrong day for that area, too much rain, cold front, etc..(in my opinion), I stayed home, smoked oysters for dip, and now the ribsare smoking....YuuuuMMMMMMM!!<P align=center>:hungry<P align=center>
<P align=center>

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
good job ken...great pics...see you at work brotha...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You just had to remind me...didn't YOU!!!!MONDAY BLUES!!!!!Yea Mike lets HOOK up one FRIDAY MANNNNN!!!!!!!get some them SHRIMP and go to 3 Mile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts