Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we had this (probable) tornado back in April that had me gathering my family (including the dogs) in a central room about ready to duck into the closet... damaged the roof, trashed my kid's trampoline, but we were all fine - one thing it did a number on was my Old Towne Mohawk royalex canoe. Tore the stern up pretty bad. I had always toyed with the idea of cutting off the stern and trying to have a transom put in for a trolling motor... now that decision has been made. Problem is I don't really know how to do it.

Anyone know someone who is experienced in and might be interested in taking on a project to cut off the damaged end of this canoe and making a stern that will hold a 50lb thrust trolling motor or even a small (like 2 or 3hp) outboard? I would be curious if someone wants to take it on, what it might cost and how they would do it... have to stay budget conscious but obviously I would expect to pay for the work if I decide to procede.

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Give x shark a call he can do it and I would bet if you loaded it up and took it over he would be glad to tell and show you how to do it yourself.
Bobbie west side pensacola
850 207 4632

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sealark, I'll float it past him. I know he's well-known for top-notch electrical work but didn't realize he did stuff like this. I don't mind taking it to someone. Appreciate the suggestion.

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
First. Ouch. Second building a stern vs repairing that damage is a challenge. I'd go see a pro like x-shark.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts