Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brother sent this to me today. I have no idea when it was killed or anything about the story behind it. I do know it's a BIG buck. I just wish the posing behind the deer as far away as he could get wasn't how the pics were taken. It distorts the true size of the deer. The title of the e-mail was "New Canada Record Whitetail." Ya'lls guess is as good as mine. It may be a bunch o' crock, but it's fun to look at.

·
Registered
99 Posts
im gonna call BS if you look at the last picture there is no way he could balance that heavy of horns and headwith just barley having 2-3 fingers on it

·
Registered
170 Posts
That is the biggest Photo Shop deer I have seen all year. Maybe the next one will have a truck parked on top of the deer.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
thats hillarious. In thesecond pic either the deer is standing in 3 ft of snow or it has no legs.Plus, not one drop of blood on any of the snow..

Awful photoshops..

·
Registered
429 Posts
I would hate to find out that the Boone and Crockett club was dupped by a photoshop guru. I would hope they would have solid evidence of this deer instead of just a picture and a story.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
In the bottom picture, how is he holding that heavy rack and head with no grip or hand hold? I have to think it is very heavy and would naturally fall away from his hand based on the neck position. But

Dang.

Huge Rack.

·
Registered
16 Posts
A deer can stiffen up pretty quickly especially in cold weather they have.For example: this is an Alabama buck my cousin got last year that stiffened up after a while. (see attached)

After doing some more searching, I went to the website where this guy is a guide and by looking at the other bucks taken, this one isn't too far off. http://www.diamondwillowhunts.com/world/page_wou.htm.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
I find it odd in that link to that outfitter not one single picture of thier deer has ANY blood out of their nose/mouth or on thier body. I know probably 8 out 10 deer pictures you see posted on here will have blood some where body/nose/mouth. kinda wierd if you ask me.what yall think? But they are some huge racks!!!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I went to the website and read all the testimonials of that place and it is the real deal as far as huge bucks go. That sounds like a great place to go and the people that run sound like great people to book a hunt with. I bet it is pricey though. There are no prices posted on the website.

·
Registered
601 Posts
On the B & C website, it says this guy is a guide for the service and this was HIS first deer ever.... I know you don't have to be a natural born deer slayer to be a guide, but I'm assuming most guides have some background in killing before they get to the guiding. While I agree with the fact that deer stiffen quickly, expecially up north in the cold, I don't think that would make it easy enough to support such a massive head and rack the way he is doing it. Maybe I'm just a sissy though. Check out the deer's neck in the second to last picture, it looks like it got hit with a claymore, or the guy went hand to hand with it to finish it off. I've seen fight pics where other deer have caused this kind of damage, but that is a little excessive for a firearm. Could be buckshot I suppose, but all the other pics are of rifles. We'll probably never know the real deal.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
While I'll say it does look fishy, some magazines wont post a pick of a buck or anything if there is a lot of blood showing. At least that's what fields and stream says in their mag about sending in pics. maybe this guy knew that and covered up the blood........but then again maybe it's just fake.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Diamond Willow Hunts pics on thye site show this deer again. It;s the second row in the 2006 section, 4th pic. This one looks real. I'm beginning to believe it with all the related searches. I think the deer is stiff too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts