Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to try out pier fishing and I am new to it. Just starting to get some tackle. But I don't have $500 to get all the gear I might end up with, if I get "hooked" so to speak. .

If I hook up with something, will others help with a gaff or net to get it up? Or is that just rude to assume?

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you go to Navarre I usually have my net basket an my buddy has a gaff for kings we been ask more then a dozen times can they borrow it real quick and i always say would you like help if not i hand them the net and I never seen some day no that I know of

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I have been to the Pensacola Beach pier several times and there are always people there not only willing but eager to help out

·
Registered
905 Posts
yeah its pretty hard to gaff a fish when you got a rod in your hand so most of the time someone else is ready to help out with one.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
Some people will bring a hook just for the fact that they are then needed at the pier. I have never even thought of where to buy one of those hooks years ago. I just always assumed someone had one at the end of the pier .
No one should really have any issue with helping you get a monster out of the water . It's to exciting not to try and help someone land a big fish. They would not bring it if they did not need it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Number one gaff number one gaff!

Yes people are always more than willing to help people out. It's a game for them see if they can get it first try.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have a pier net...haven't used it in several years,maybe 4 or more. Make me an offer. If I remember right it came from Gulf Breeze Bait and Tackle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts