Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am assuming not, but I am curious? We are camping at Pickens in a few weeks, going to have the boat with me on the water all week, so was looking for the closest fuel on the water. Looks like Marine Max across the bay, unless Sherman Cove is an option?

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you've never been to Sherman Cove, stay in the channel or you will ground yourself.

Jim
Launched a 29ft Proline quite a few times out of there, it is tight. But I am pretty sure I will be fine in my 18ft

·
Registered
9,497 Posts
Hahaha sealarks the ambassador of the washdown ramp. Yes you can buy all stuff there im the fat boy that works there
SwampASS you better get that white strip painted wider and marked with pull up boat past line.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
Curious, how or where are you leaving a boat in the water at Ft Pickens? No marina, so beaching it or anchored nearshore? May be restrictions to that?

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Many years ago, In would call around and get the best price on fuel, Shermans always had the lowest. This was when fuel was $4+, and I needed 300 gallons.

I would pull into Shermans with my 36' Gibson Houseboat and take on the 300 gallons, no problem.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
They must be getting lax. Years ago before I knew better, we pulled up to the dock and were told that we could only buy fuel and nothing else unless we had a military ID. Seems they can't refuse to sell you fuel, something to do with maritime law.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts