Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never had a use for a doctor outside of an emergency room until now. Can someone recommend a good doctor to go to? Unfortunately my joints seem to be giving out on me, I think it's about time to start going to one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If your joints are giving out on you I'm not sure you need a general purpose doctor. I've used Dr. Tenholder from Orthopedic Associates for many years and highly recommend him. But that's in Ft. Walton, not sure where you're located.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Sholder operation dr Ostrander Andrews ins. Perfect results. They do everything. What insurance do you have?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Dr Roth of the Andrews Institute did my knee last year, could not recommend them anymore! They were great, trying to find a non-surgical answer first and then doing the surgery.

I'd suggest getting a physical first, your issue may be something that an orthopedic doctor might miss, like Lyme, or Lupus. Dr. Andrew Weil has some great books on holistic medicine you might find interesting, especially his Anti-Inflammatory Diet.

Beyond this, if you are overweight -- lose it, if you don't exercise -- start.

Good Luck

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, I'll make some phone calls Monday. I just have tricare reserve select, had a military doctor take a look at my knee several months back and said I had arthritis!? I'm hoping he's wrong or there's something better that can be done, it really cuts into my workouts.

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Setlab I got arthritis in all 4 extremities and im 71. What I did 8 years ago at 220 lbs was to watch my diet, start walking EVERY day. Today I weigh 170 lbs and walk 2 miles every day and exersize my shoulders with 5 lb weights. My surgery was for rotator cuff tear. My left shoulder will be next. Give the exercise and if needed diet routine a chance. I would bet it will help and build your heart and lungs up. But it must be continuas and its not easy to keep doing it. My motivation is to keep Diving.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Sealark, I saw the lobster photos and you have done extremely well. We all need to listen and learn. Dropping that weight was probably the best thing to get stress off the joints. Keep going. I would like to see more photos.

Setlab, not sure how old you are but you probably need a good MD also. Spouse and I go to Dr. Michelle Brandhorst. She is in her sixties and seems to understand the aging process.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts