Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddies and i went out to the pass in search of redfish, they found us with in ten minutes of throwing a bait. :clap:clap There is a small area about 20'x20' off that point that consistently produced fish but every bait that landed out of that area was untouched except for a beautiful hard head catfish:doh everyone caught a few and all went back to fight another day, The bait was mullet. The total number was 8-10 reds ranging from 29-41. And some good advice i can give is use big pieces of bait so the fish cant swallow the hook as easily. Three or four of my big circle hooks i was using ended up in the back of the mouth:doh, I was able to extract them but it was a pain in the butt, and all of the were on small bait. Get out there and catch some. We could have caught a lot more but i ran out bait and people were getting tired of catching bull reds, and the fact that we couldnt keep them pissed everyone off. BUt i the end, we were all happy to have a successful but cold night out on the sand. Ill try to get some pics from facebook on here asap

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Sounds like fun. Thanks for the report..............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts