Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a 21 ft camper a few months ago and now it's suppose to get down to freezing. It is fully hooked up in my back yard so what should I do?

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
After draining all water lines, leave them open, so the remaining water will have room to expand, when they freeze.

Did this come with an owners manuel?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Turn off the water and disconnect the hose and as stated drain the holding tanks. Allso undo the 2 drains which should be near the water intake. These will drain the lines as well as any water in the water heater reservoir. I also always go in and open the inside faucets and step on the toilet valve to drain any water in the toilet and valve.

Had a buddy last year that didn’t step on the flapper valve on the toilet and it froze and broke. The pain is changing the $40 valve not the money!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Open cabinets under sinks and turn heater on set at 50 degrees. Because there is water in your pee traps that will freeze. Or pour RV antifreeze down all of your drains including shower. Apron 2 cups per drain should be enough.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
This can be your best friend. I use it every year to blow the water out of the waterlines on my trailer. When done I always leave the valves open. Also don't forget your outside shower if you have one.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
29,860 Posts
Many campers have a heated underbelly... so if so, plug it in and forget about it. I keep mine plugged up but don't worry about the water lines. If it is in the open and we are exposed to several days of below freezing, drain and just leave the spickets open.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts