Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great weekend for the Calvary Team. Four of us were offshore on Friday with Jerry Andrews and Rusty Smith. I'll post the details elsewhere, but I will say that, thanks to Rusty diving through a swarm of cudas to free my line from an Oriskany mooring buoy, I caught my first Cobia, on a large Gotcha plug! Also loaded up with Mingos, Grouper, Scamp, Trigger and a couple of AJs.

On the Beach, York and Alan pulled together for 11 Pompano and a slot Red on Saturday morning. Then this evening at sunset, my 12-year-old landed a 31 1/2 inch Mother's Day Red on medium/light tackle all by himself. He even revived and released him after a quick photo op...

Caughtwithfresh raked live fleas on a Pompano Rig.10 footPower Rod and Conquer 5000 Penn combowith 15# Power Pro.

Nice fish Ian! I'm proud of you son!

joe

·
SaltWaterDave
1,864 Posts
Nice job on the Cobe Joe. Thats some kinda crew to jump in on the O and untangle line from a mooring bouy, WOW. Great report and thanks for the pictures. That boy of yours is coming along well. Looks like a productive weekend.

·
Super Moderator
29,543 Posts
Great job brother!!! Nice red on the pomp rig too!!! Sounds like good times all around!:toast

1 - 6 of 6 Posts