Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I didnt plan on fishing, we were going to go to a mardi gras parade in mobile but our plans went to hell. So what else to do but fish. So we start checking the weather report and noaa said rough with a small craft adviory, so I starting thinking my hopes of fishing were shot also. Not a good day at this point.I call glastronix and asked him if he was going to fish and he said he was already out and informed me the weather report was WAY OFF. So we run home and grab the boat and made it out around 5:30pm. White trout as usual then the reds started hitting. Steph hooked up and snap, he was gone. Then I hooked up and snap again. So we changd leader and tried some more. Forgot we had fished that line on the last trip and it need to be replaced.

Then it was on. Sorry pics are poor but heck it was a blast again!

Then a double hook up

Then another DOUBLE HOOK UP

At this point and with it being as slick as it was out, I decided to tie on a top water manns lure and see if I could get a red. It didnt take long and BOOM I was on. Nothing better than a top water hit. Especially when its a big fish. The explosion was increditable!

All fish caught on gulp. Nuclear chicken and new penny, jerk shad and 3-4 inch shrimp seemed to be the baits of the night. Tried camo and the white trout didnt even want it, I didnt know that was possible lol.

Glad our day turned around. Thanks for the heads up the the weather condition glastronix!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nice!!! Leave my fish alone!:poke Yeah it was way off Sunday. Pissed! I went out sailing in my boat today.:banghead

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm glad you guys got into 'em thick!!!! I didn't even think about trying some top water...it was too hectic on the boat with the kids to be re-riging anyway, maybe next time.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
Looks like y'all had a blast.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've found the NOAA Coastal Waters Forecast to be wrong quite often for Pensacola Bay. It's hard to really plan ahead and sometimes I just have to say the heck with the report- I won't know unless I go out there. I was out there ion the wee hours of Saturday night into Sunday AM and the reds were alive and well too.

90% is just showing up!

Have a good one!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do the same thing with weather guessing on the bay. I know 90 percent of the time I worry it will be different. I have a 12ft skiff so conditions are key for my trips into the bay. I wish I knew how to tell what the conditions are in the bay! Any body have any suggestions?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Great job out there. I agree with you on the weather guessers being wrong. I had my Step-Son on Saturday and Sunday. We talked about putting the boat in the water until I checked the report. And sure enough, we decided against it. I hate being this far from the water and have to find out when you get to the launch that the water is crappy. Oh well. I guess from now on I will call the coast gaurd station on base for a report. Atleast they are on the water and I might be able to get someone to look out the window and let me know how the water is.

Again, congrats on a good night on the water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts