Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
VIP of the PFF
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the first batch complete, still cooking the second batch. I don't really measure anything, I just cut the fillets in half and give them a generous coating of Tony's, shove'em in the jar with cut up jalapeños. Put the lids on, then it's ten pounds of pressure for 100 minutes.
20161107_133940.jpg

·
Registered
873 Posts
make some Mullet Jelly while your at it by just adding Lye .

friend from Norway makes jelly out of fish and it is called lutefisk that is gelatinous in texture. Its name literally means "lye fish"

I declined tasting it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

friend from Norway makes jelly out of fish and it is called lutefisk that is gelatinous in texture. Its name literally means "lye fish"

It is not as bad as it looks like.

Its way worse .... I tried it and it was discussing:thumbdown:

·
Constitution Conservative
2,581 Posts
I'll stick with the Grouperking's preservation methods. :yes:

Reactions: THE POMPANO KING

·
VIP of the PFF
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The last time I canned them, the jalapeños were on the mild and bland side.. So this time I added a little extra jalapeño ..... probably shouldn't have done that. This batch of jalapeños was far from bland. I got a pack of crackers and opened a jar a little while ago, they were very good but they'll make you sweat.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I don't believe that I want any mullet jelly. LOL

·
2,581 Posts
The last time I canned them, the jalapeños were on the mild and bland side.. So this time I added a little extra jalapeño ..... probably shouldn't have done that. This batch of jalapeños was for from bland. I got a pack of crackers and opened a jar a little while ago, they were very good but they'll make you sweat.
You can send them to me for disposal... I won't even charge you for the service. ;)

Reactions: THE POMPANO KING

·
VIP of the PFF
8,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unlike many of the other brands the All American doesn't have a gasket to have to take care of and replace. It seals without a gasket and it's made in America.

·
Super Moderator
28,607 Posts
I had a buddy that introduced me to this stuff! At 1st I was like NO THANKS, looks nasty! I took a jar home and tried it-----I called him up and said I'll take more donations!!!! He kept me in stock fer a bit! Dang good stuff. He put a couple slices of jalapeno and just a little OO in it, and it was GREAT!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I love canned fish. I always can whiting in the fall when they are thick. Nice way to preserve fish all year. I'll admit, it looks terrible, bit it does taste great.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

It's a toss up ,whether I'd rate this as the worst thing to eat or chilis reaper! I neeed more time before I can cast a vote.lol

·
2,581 Posts
It's a toss up ,whether I'd rate this as the worst thing to eat or chilis reaper! I need more time before I can cast a vote.lol
Andrew Zimmern of Bizzare Foods hates te stuff.
Says that it is like eating something with the consistency of frozen Vaseline (but its warm), and it tastes extremely fishy.

I'd have to take the Lutefisk, only because I've never had it and to say I have.
The Reaper is serious business :notworthy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts