Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this place?

I just heard about it last week and made the trip last Saturday.

I purchased Pork Boudin, Camp Boudin (pork, duck, chicken and turkey), pickled eggs, cracklings, Cajun sausage and Brunswick soup.

The cracklings and eggs were good, so was the soup, haven’t gotten to the Boudin or sausage yet.

I am most interested in the Camp Boudin, will follow up when I have completed all

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I haven't seen the place. Is it on Hwy 59 in Summerdale? Also is it a restaurant? I'll have to look for it.

·
Registered
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't seen the place. Is it on Hwy 59 in Summerdale? Also is it a restaurant? I'll have to look for it.
103 Highway 59
Yes it is a restaurant that serves lunch. They also have prepared meats frozen to take home. As well as other Cajun items. It looks like it’s been there for about two years now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I wasn't cray about the boudin, of course I'm not a big fan of blood boudin. The other food was great.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
my brother developed a distinctive palate for boudiin when he taught school in lake charles.
i make two kinds of boudin blanc, more rice and more meat (meat, liver, heart, kidney)
he says the meaty is pretty close to what he got in lake charles. he didn't like my ricey boudin.
tom, when you come back to selma, i'll give you some if i have any.
jack

·
Center Mass at 300m
2,100 Posts
Lickin' Good Donuts in Foley & Robertsdale had some excellent boudin kalachi's wrapped in a delicious donut!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
yes, they do! about to eat me one for breakfast!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts