Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
here you go!! caught on camera!! check out the spots on the animal hes carryin in his mouth! any clue what that is?? kill every one you see!! btw this is not my pic, i got it from a friend of a friend via email

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
ScullsMcNasty (12/30/2008)here you go!! caught on camera!! check out the spots on the animal hes carryin in his mouth! any clue what that is?? kill every one you see!! btw this is not my pic, i got it from a friend of a friend via email

AMEN!!! anybody who thinks there is not a coyote problem in this part of the country is deep in the koolaid IMHO. up here in our area (pike co. al.) we have them come in peoples yard in town and taking pets. i am worried that sooner or later a child is gonna be attacked.

·
Registered
687 Posts
ScullsMcNasty (12/30/2008)here you go!! caught on camera!! check out the spots on the animal hes carryin in his mouth! any clue what that is?? kill every one you see!! btw this is not my pic, i got it from a friend of a friend via email

Here I go where?

Its a fawn,yeah they kill small deer but not near as many as you do.Show me a pic carrying a full size buck in his mouth.Not to mention Im sure that is the 1 and only trail cam in these parts.Ive seen bigfoot on a few aswell.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
DTOM (12/30/2008)

Its a fawn,yeah they kill small deer but not near as many as you do.Show me a pic carrying a full size buck in his mouth.
if that is a buck fawn and he was on my property he would be a full size buck one day!! but if a coyote eats him he wont ever be. so i shoot every single coyote i see. ive shot one already this year.. and think about how they affect the turkey population!! if he can catch a fawn im sure he can kill tons of baby turkeys

·
Registered
687 Posts
ScullsMcNasty (12/30/2008)
DTOM (12/30/2008)

Its a fawn,yeah they kill small deer but not near as many as you do.Show me a pic carrying a full size buck in his mouth.
if that is a buck fawn and he was on my property he would be a full size buck one day!! but if a coyote eats him he wont ever be. so i shoot every single coyote i see. ive shot one already this year.. and think about how they affect the turkey population!! if he can catch a fawn im sure he can kill tons of baby turkeys

Im not disagreeing with you,Id do predator control in my own lease...Im just saying they arent out in the pastures taking down bulls.LIKE I SAID they are not native to this area been expanding their range for 100 years,therefore adding existing threats to juvenile animal/birds,which minus deer the same thing feral cats do.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
off route II (12/30/2008)

AMEN!!! anybody who thinks there is not a coyote problem in this part of the country is deep in the koolaid IMHO. up here in our area (pike co. al.) we have them come in peoples yard in town and taking pets. i am worried that sooner or later a child is gonna be attacked.

That is why I specifically mentioned Navarre/Midway in my posts... Never said there wasn't or couldn't bea problem elsewhere. And again, you say that they are taking pets...are you sure it's coyotes everytime, feral cats and birds kill more pets than you know because no one bothers to think it's them until there is an actual photo of it happening. And as far as them taking kids I always find it funny that someone will worry about a coyote killing a child and then take that kid swimming in the ocean.....

·
Registered
687 Posts
WW2 (12/30/2008)

. And as far as them taking kids I always find it funny that someone will worry about a coyote killing a child and then take that kid swimming in the ocean.....

Oh the irony!

Where I hunt we have a automobile problem,they always are taking down deer with no natural selection....When will we do something about the cars....

Just so you know the dingos,ate your baby.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Dang. Yall are starting to sound like a bunch of women {or fishermen} with all the arguing. Yesterday it was about rut activity and now it'scoyotes.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Not too long ago,Coyotes were limited to West Tennessee.Gradually they moved east to central and now are firmly rooted in East Tennessee. Coyotes are viewed as undesirable species by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. There is a year round hunting season open with unlimited bag limits for a reason. I wouldn't get too worried about them though. Regardless, all efforts to control coyote populations have failed historically.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
DTOM (12/30/2008)
WW2 (12/30/2008)

. And as far as them taking kids I always find it funny that someone will worry about a coyote killing a child and then take that kid swimming in the ocean.....

Oh the irony!

Where I hunt we have a automobile problem,they always are taking down deer with no natural selection....When will we do something about the cars....

Just so you know the dingos,ate your baby.

HAHAHAHA, exactly. Take a trip through Illinois and look at the roadside. We counted 35 on the drive through Illinois from Carbondale to Quincy. 4 were probably 7 point or better. When I drive to work I see no less than 10 dead pets on the side of the road...oh the humanity!!!! I just worry that someday a car may kill a child...wait..nevermind....

Feral cats kill more native species than you can shake a stick at and they spread disease...to the deer too...

Do a search on Coyote kills cats and you will see that coyotes go nuts for killing cats. Sure, some of them are pets, but MOST of them are feral cats. The thing is that we probably have a government agency that is trying to control the cat population(this costs you tax money) just let the coyote do it. I will take a bunch of non disease ridden coyotes to disease spreading feral cats any day of the week. Most coyotes will succumb to disease but feral cats are vaccinated and often just spread it.

There are plenty of areas where coyotes are out of control and need to be reduced in number, but Navarre/Midway is not likely one of them. And I honestly can remember the last time I saw a deer of any kind in Midway, so I doubt these yotes are affecting the deer population. But I do know how many cats I have seen and if the coyote are killing them then I am all about not killing coyotes....

·
Registered
687 Posts
David Ridenour (12/30/2008)Not too long ago,Coyotes were limited to West Tennessee.Gradually they moved east to central and now are firmly rooted in East Tennessee. Coyotes are viewed as undesirable species by the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency. There is a year round hunting season open with unlimited bag limits for a reason. I wouldn't get too worried about them though. Regardless, all efforts to control coyote populations have failed historically.
What he said!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
i will tell you this. the land i lease is directly across the street from glenn lakes golf course in foley. the people over there begged me to kill everycoyote i saw because they are killing the pets at night when they let them out for ten minutes to take a piss. the next problem is they breed with other dogs and are extremely dangerous, so i`ve been told. i know this is not the area you are talking about but they do become a problem if nobody controls the population.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
How did we go from a coyote being hit by a car to this belly aching. They are coyote's and are predator's and need to be <U>controlled</U>, period! I don't need a bunch offolks telling me not to control the damn things. If it makes you feel any better I shoot the cats I see to.

·
Registered
687 Posts
fla_scout (12/30/2008)How did we go from a coyote being hit by a car to this belly aching. They are coyote's and are predator's and need to be <U>controlled</U>, period! I don't need a bunch offolks telling me not to control the damn things. If it makes you feel any better I shoot the cats I see to.
I think its just because everybody here is an expert on any topic,just like the rest of the internet.Tbh the only thing Im arguing is people acting like they are out taking out cattle or other full size animals and humans...Sure they eat carrion and anything else of opputunity aswell as preying on small animals...I could give 2 shits if you shoot them,run them over act like atrue sportsman and hang a treble in a tree.Like I said they are a non-native species which is never good,just like feral cats.Fact is when you see one,and he sees you,99% of the time he is hauling ass the other direction.

·
Registered
222 Posts
fla_scout (12/30/2008)...If it makes you feel any better I shoot the cats I see to.

There you are, the solution to the feral cat problem, and while we are at it I will take care of any stray dogs I come across as well.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
i guess thats true about the cars but cant necessarily get rid of them. but ill try my best to keep the coyote numbers down on my land cause that is a variable that i can control..

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
You can shoot them all you want, I'm just pointing out that those in Midway and Navarre are probably doing more good than harm. I could give a rats ass if it really comes down to it.

Hell, we used to gather up 5 or 10 guys and do coyote drives. Farmers would pay for everything. Our gunclub was hit up constantly by farmers to come out and clear an area. The best part was they would feed you and take care of all of the expenses and you got to keep the yotes. Then after taking the whole day hunting you could take the coyotes and foxes, if you were lucky to get one, to processors and they would hook you up with someone looking for the skins. Yotes used to go for about $25 back in the early 80's and a fox could get you upwards of $100 for the skin.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
No argument here, if I see one while on stand it's getting shot. I'm not purposely going to hunt for them but if I'm deer hunting I'll get rid of any I consider a threat to my chances of getting a deer. Coyotes leaving their scent in a food plot definitely has the potential to ruin the hunting for that area.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts