Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got in the stand around 1:00. used a drag rag and got settled in around 245 had two does come running in. they both turned and looked back from where they came from. i got my rifle up and a 6pt was chasing them all around some oak trees. i grunted at him but he never slowed down. they made a loop and came back into the opening. the does went on by but i could see the buck following where i used the drag rag but to thick to shoot.i knew he was going to follow the does so i got ready and a few minutes later he got back on the does. i shot him on the edge of a thicket and he went down after he fell i seen him raise his head and disappear. figured id wait a while and get down to go check on him. about 30 minutes later the 8pt swims across the creek and starts bouncing off. shot him and he fell. went down there to the 8pt first and then to check on the 6pt. both were laying 40 yards apart. i was pumped until i realized i was going to have to drag both of them back to the truck over 600 yards. pretty good day for blackwater!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Sweet

·
Super Moderator
28,621 Posts
Dern fine job!!!! 1 is impressive, 2 is a knock out!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! ive only killed a few bucks out of blackwater mostly does during bow season so the 8 was the biggest from there for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts