Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched some videos Friday and Saturday where guys nailed bucks with shots like the one I put on a doe last week. 3 inches behind the shoulder crease and bucks piling up, but for me, no blood, no meat, just coyote food.

Went back Sunday Pm with my mom and 4 of the kids. Saw 3 does that PM with no shot oppurtunity. I was in my tree in a hardwood bottom thicket Monday6:00 AM. Sat until 9:00 am without seeing anything. Got down, left my bow and back pack at the base of my tree and moved my stand a few hundred yards. Came back, put on the back pack, picked up my bow and took about 3 steps when 2 deer broke and ran right in front of me. Guess they had fed in on me and I startled them. I was wearing my face mask and leafy gear and they stopped in the brush about 40 yards away. I could tell one was smaller than the other and there was no rack and no spots. OK-I'll shoot the biggest if they chill. Well, the did and within 1 minute they were feeding on acorns again about 25 yards out. I drew when the biggest went behind a tree and when it came out the other side, I let a rage 2 blade fly. The deer piled up inside 40 yards and I said a quick prayer of thanks. Walked over to find 3/4 inch spikes under hair:banghead

So...now I'm 2 for 2 with one recovery and no doe meat when my plan is to pile up as many does as possible for management purposes and practice for my November Illinois hunt. Funnywhat happens to best laid plans. One thing for sure is the equipment and the practice is paying off.:usaflag

My oldest cleaning dads kill:clap

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't now if any of you know Robbie Patterson (Pace), but he killed a 200# 8 point this AM in the Conecah (sp) National Forest. I got pics, but can't don't have my cable here. I'll add them tomorrow. I rough scored at about 110 inches which is pretty nice for Public Management Area land. Congrats to him.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Great post Tom, that 8 is a stud. I am yet to stick one with my Rage 2 blade but I am damn sure it will do some serious damage. Way to go.:clap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts