Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went out today looking to catch some sharks and ended up catching bull reds. Started off the day catching some blues and spanish on topwater lures for the bait and then fished an area that we have seen quite a few this month in about 15 ft of water. We got a quick shark bite early but then it turned slow so I set up 3 jigheads with exude grubs and one topwater lure and we cast out as we waited for the shark bite. The result was 4 bull reds (two 41", one 38", and one 36"). They didn't get their shark but they did book tomorrow with the request of catching more redfish!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm hopin you guys were in alabama so you could take those home with you!

even if not. I bet it was a blast catchin them. very nice fish.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
It doesn't look like they minded the change in targeted species.

I caught my biggest red while shark fishing about 5 years ago with a buddy of mine. It ate a whole 3lb bluefish and was 55 inches long.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glastronix (9/28/2009)Nice Fish!!!!! What color grubs?
We were using all sorts of grubs...the ones that caught the reds were a clear/gold flakes Exude dart, a newpenny Exude RT Slug, and a rootbeer w/ chartruese tail cocahoe minnow.Jigheads were 1/16 oz bass assassin jigheads.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tunapopper (9/28/2009)I caught my biggest red while shark fishing about 5 years ago with a buddy of mine. It ate a whole 3lb bluefish and was 55 inches long.
We had maimed live blues out today with no takers.Some of the biggest bulls we've caught in the past has been on whole, live ladyfish in the gulf. They go nuts for them!

·
Registered
591 Posts
We were using all sorts of grubs...the ones that caught the reds were a clear/gold flakes Exude dart, a newpenny Exude RT Slug, and a rootbeer w/ chartruese tail cocahoe minnow.Jigheads were 1/16 oz bass assassin jigheads.
Thanks for the info Capt., and again nice fish!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts