Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Bulls back up in the bay

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Salt Lines 
#1 ·
Last week I was out for about 2 hours and caught two bulls along the north side of Choctawhatchee Bay, between Alaqua Bayou and the 331 bridge. They both hit live mullet on a jig head. I had not caught a bull red from the kayak, was a bit awkward measuring and photographing them. I measured them at 33 and 34 inches, but they weren't really flat, or being very cooperative. It was so much fun, I'm still pretty pumped from it. They really do pull the yak around

Fish Fish Bass Cod Bony-fish

Fish Pike Fish Recreation Kayak

See less See more
#9 ·
Hey buddy I live in freeport. I fish the bay and alaqua/la grange/basin/joes bayous all the time. If you ever want to fish I would love to see how you throw for mullet. I think it's a skill that I need to sharpen. Call or text me anytime. I am going out friday and monday. 912-271-four seven two eight!

#13 ·
I launched from private property that I randomly have access to. But, where the creek feeding alaqua bayou crosses Hwy 20, there is a parking area with a boat ramp (and a rope swing). Also, and possibly better, at the end of alaqua drive there is a tiny, sandy beach that is a great launch point and doesn't get as much use b/c there is no boat ramp. You have to park a bit up the road, past the No Parking signs. I've heard to put in there and work along the western shoreline. There is a hole around the mouth they say holds fish. I caught my reds along the slope where the flats drop off into the bay. Winter is a good time to target trout in the creeks and bayous

Its hard for me to make plans to fish with other yakkers, I have three young kids and basically just fish when time opens up. Even if I do plan it enough ahead of time, something can easily derail my plans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.