Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mines Bigger
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have they made it to the pass yet or you think it will be another couple weeks?

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
I'm sure there is a few out there. I haven't heard any reports about the pass yet. They are thick in the bay though.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
I doubt they will be in the Pass for another month or so. Once the water drops below 72 degrees. Try fishing the beach between the pass and the old coast guard station. I wouldnt call them bulls yet though. Come late October and into November you can catch Bull Reds in the pass that are anywhere from 25 -40 lbs. Last year was very slow for them. The year before that, it was impossible not to catch any. Me and a buddy went out at sunset and hooked into 31 reds ranging from 25-35lbs within 2 hrs. By the last fish, my arms were trembling just to hold the fish up. I was exhausted. Ton of fun! O*D*W

·
Mines Bigger
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya, I've always had the best luck fishing the channels on either side of crab island with big pinfish, there's about a 2 week window where I can't catch one under 40" after the first good cold front comes through. They usually come up on the flats the last 30 minutes of daylight to feed too, love fighting them on light tackle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts