Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, went out today in search of some bull reds withme, my dad, a family friend and mylittle nephew.None of them except my nephew are big fisherman, and he's too young to help out much with the rigging andsuch. NOAA was calling for some rough seas, but the ocean was actually calmer than the bays.

Started out in P'cola pass pulling some stretch 25's. Turned west toward Perdido pass and quickly caught a king, unhooked him at the side of the boat and let him swim. Another11/2hours or so and nothing. Pulled in the lines and worked the birds for a while out in front of the Perdido State Park area of beaches. They were boiling up all over the place chasing bait. Threw a bunch of stuff at them, but they weren't biting...just wanted that bait. Didn't look like anyone else was catching them either. Decided to head in and troll the stretchs some more til we got to the pass.

When we had about called it a day and were just gonna enjoy the ride back in (oh and did I mention it was COLD!!!), Zingggggggggggg, so I grab the rod, then zinnnggggggg...the second one goes off. So the double hookup was on. We were right in front of the Eden Condos. My dad fought one and our friend got the other. They were both over 40", not sure of the weight but they were heavy. Didn't have the camera, so I used my cell phone...only one of the pictures came out and you can't hardly see much of the fish in it...oh well.

Anyways, they're out there...if you canbrave the cold!!!

Take care all!

Hall

·
Registered
101 Posts
Man, that's awsome! I had no luck today around 3-mile bridge. Where you trolling with the stretch when you got those two fish?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vspivey (11/23/2007)Man, that's awsome! I had no luck today around 3-mile bridge. Where you trolling with the stretch when you got those two fish?

If there was a near shore section, I would have put it there...but since, it's not really offshore, I put it here. We were out the pass on the beach side, about 1/4 mile off the beach in front of Eden Condos (the stepped building).

DOH! Just realized this was in the Q and A section...my bad!!! Had to login 3 times to post and guess I just got confused.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts