Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out to do some flats fishing for trout/reds and headed towards the normal spot. spotted diving birds and some surface commotion so we decided to change course and take a look. noticed that this wasn't a school of small fish such as ladyfish, but was actually a massive school of reds! tossed out the skitterwalk, BAM, hookup. partner tosses out 2nd skitterwalk, BAM, double hookup! 5-10 min later we both released a pair of 15-20 pounders. we found the school again later but ended up getting line crossed with apelican :banghead and had a mess on our hands.

great fun catching those reds on 10# tackle!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Now that is fun. They are great to happen up on. Keep a flyrod handy for times like that, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Garbo (11/15/2007)Keep a flyrod handy for times like that, you won't regret it.
Iactually did have it with me! I planned on using it if we would have found the school again, but the pelican got wrapped and it got kind of late

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
You can find Jack Crevelle the same way. They are alot of work on Fly Tackle, but a lot of fun too. As I read your report, that was the first thing that came to mind.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Garbo (11/15/2007)You can find Jack Crevelle the same way. They are alot of work on Fly Tackle, but a lot of fun too. As I read your report, that was the first thing that came to mind.
thats what i was thinking at first. when i hooked up, i thought it might have been some jacks, and was worried i'd get spooled on my little outfit!

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
There a lot of fun on light tackle ain't they. Good job man:toast Those pelicans will give there position away everytime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts