Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

Bull red report (?)

4K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  dsj1000 
#1 ·
Here it is, October, and I'm not seeing many, if not ANY, fall redfish reports. I know it's been pretty warm down there for a while, but there should be at least a few pods whacking bait in the bay or in the pass, at least. Guess I'll have to find out for myself... tight lines, D

#5 ·
May want to consider biting the bullet. Lots of information is to be had from Facebook. There are at least 5 different Pensacola area fishing groups I follow that give a pretty good picture of what's going on inshore and off. Not to mention Angler Rights groups who are actively participating in the fight for the rec fishermen - and providing first hand, real-time information. It can be something other than high school reunions and annoying ex-friends if you make it that way. To answer the OP, yes, I've seen a good bit of bulls being caught on FB as well. Not too many at night around the 3mi bridge like normal though... but I did see STUD tripletail pictures from Barton about a month ago - night time at the bridge

#13 ·
Over in the Destin area, they are NOT plentiful, at least not the slot sizes! We are catching lots of small ones between 8 and 15 inches on live shrimp, but only five slots (during four trips), with the biggest one at 25. All were caught on live shrimp, or fresh dead! Funny thing is that the two largest ones were caught on the smallest live shrimp! Any way, it was a lot of fun.:thumbup:

Oh yes, lots of stingrays too! :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.