Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me first say thanks to everyone on here for putting in so much input regarding fishing in the area.

I'm new to boating and fishing in the area, and I've been lurking around here since April of this year. I've really enjoyed everyone's stories, tips, and techniques. Your input really payed off for me in a big way today....

We (my 7 year old son and I) left Shoreline Park today around 10:00 or so, started heading toward 3 mile and saw a lot of bird activity around Red marker no. 144. Put a live shrimp on and after about a 15 minute fight (12lb mono w/ 18" fluorocarbon leader) I reeled in my first "Bull Red!"

Son took photo - pretty good for a 7 year old that was pretty shaken up seeing a Redfish this size (he's used to us catching ones a LOT smaller up near Jim's Fish Camp).

·
Registered
448 Posts
Congratulations...but weren't you suppose to let your son reel that one in...lol..."give me that pole boy..this one's mine" j/k..congrats on the catch...keep'em coming! :clap

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FishnLane (11/17/2007)terrific fish..:bowdown Bet YOU are HOOKED now. Keep on enjoying the fun!!!!
Oh, I'm HOOKED! That was pretty much the most fun I've ever had catching a fish...

·
Registered
848 Posts
Right on 60hertz! My first fishcaught in my Key West was caught near there.A smaller Red caughtunder one of the docks. We were more proud ofour new 1700 thanof the fish, so we took the shot of the fish wit
h the boat at home!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts