Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keith (Ocean Master) built both of these reels for me a few years back and they’ve only been fished a couple of times since then. I’m pretty sure both have full stainless internal upgrades and 7+1 carbonated drags. Both show a little wear but are in perfect mechanical condition.

Penn 9/0 has above mentioned upgrades along with Cortez aluminum half frame and power handle. It’s loaded with 100lb braid and a top shot of 100lb mono. $200

The 6/0 is a 114hlw with a factory aluminum frame, the above mentioned upgrades and a power handle. It’s spooled with straight mono (50lb iirc). $140

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went back and found the original post from when I bought the 6/0 from Kieth, these are the specs:

Factory machined aluminum frame. Greased for protection.

The reel is like new with a 7+1 stack of greased Carbontex drags for a smooth 35+ lbs. of drag.

Stainless Steel gear sleeve and 2 SS dogs set alternating for less handle slop. Stainless Steel yoke, main, and pinion gears

It's been used maybe 6 times since I bought it and has always been stored with the drag backed completely off.

The 9/0 is set up the same as above

1 - 9 of 9 Posts