Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a few plans online & decided to try it. I bought a 3 pack cutting board set for $10, a 7/16" dowel rod, a 1/4" dowel rod, & a roll of magnetic tape, less than $20 total. Here are a few pics

Pics of it in use will be posted shortly

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
Would you mind sharing the site that has the plans for this? I would love to make one as my starter flying station. Any suggestions fora first timer vise? Inexpensive.....maybe? Thanks! :letsdrink

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see several variations of the board possible. One could add a base to insert a vise (in case your vise came with a pedestal and not a c-clamp). The key item is the 3-piece board. Saves a lot of work preparing rough wood and finishing. And cheap too.

I've used those $8 wood TV trays at Wally World as portable tying tables. This stand could fit right on top. A go-anywhere tying solution... thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great looking station!

Kenton, the Danvise is a good vise, is a rotary vise, and only costs $100. It's the one I use and I loike it alot more than my first, non-rotary vise.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys.

Russian, after using itlast nightI am going to get rid of 1 of the magnetstrips & replace it with cork.

I looked all over for the 3 pack cutting boards & have seen them at WalMart in the past, but couldn't find any. I ended up ordering them online, just google "Farberware 3 pack cutting board". I paid $9.99 with free shipping.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Thanks for the info. Those will perfectly for some other projects that I need to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts