Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get an idea what it would cost to have my hull buffed and waxed. Just trying to get ball park price. Has anyone had this done lately? Any recommendations.

Registered
John Gee in Navarre 850-686-7716. Did a great job on my truck. He said he did boats. Not sure how much. gives military discounts too

Registered
I do it myself but I would imagine that it would be based on how much cleaning and prep work needs to be done. Staining, oxidation, and build-up. A wax on machine and a buffer will take you about 2 hours even with dry time.

Registered
This info is probably outdated because it's 8 years old, but last time I paid to have a boat detailed it was $20/foot. That included all interior and exterior surfaces, but nothing inside the cabin.

Registered
It's generally $15-$25 per foot depending on the style of boat. A center console skiff would cost less than a deck boat. The more area of gelcoat that needs attention, the more it costs. A full cleaning, detail, spot removal, oxidation removal, and then wax and buff would be on the higher side of that price range. And if there's HEAVY oxidation that requires a lot of time to remove, then expect to pay more than $25/ft. You get what you pay for though so remember that. There's a few tricks that some detailers can use to make the glass look good, but after a few weeks it fades and the oxidation issue was never taken care of properly. Make sure they're using quality products and an actual buffer. The wavy 3m pads are pretty much the go to with some 3m rubbing compound. If they don't break out a variable speed buffer, then they're probably doing it wrong.

Registered
We charge 25 but that includes cleaning out all compartments and bilge plus inside and out with a 3 step process unless you need wet sanding

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Registered
We charge 25 but that includes cleaning out all compartments and bilge plus inside and out with a 3 step process unless you need wet sanding

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
My shoulders just started hurting thinking about all the wet sanding I did over the years. Hell, even using a buffer now kills my shoulders. It's why I will only detail my own vehicles or close family and friends. Last one was a 21ft blazer bay, black hull, turned grey by the sun. Took me 2 days to get the oxidation off and get a good 2 coats of wax on it after a full detail. Thing looked like it rolled off the factory floor when I was done with it though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts