Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having read the experiences of some recent post on deer harvesting i would like to share my event. i was fortunate to harvest a nice 8-point on my private plot in walnut hill, fl, today. i have been taking pictures of him for about three months. it was my first day of seeing deer during daylight hours on my camera. also notice i was able to get a picture today before shooting and also after the harvest with my trail camera. notice the date and times of the pictures. hope you enjoy the shots....jim

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Congrat's. That's a nice deer.

My brother said they moved well yesterday evening in molino. He said he saw 8 yesterday evening.

·
Super Moderator
28,512 Posts
Very nice, congrats on your kill.....:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
687 Posts
Congrats, nice buck, how much did he weigh? They have really been moving this past week, heard alot of good reports for this area.:bowdown:bowdown

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
wish i was in the stand with you... i would've happily taken then other buck.

congrats! and what a cool story and photos to capture the whole event!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice buck. They did move better yesterday. I saw a four and a pike but the 8 I'm hunting didn't come out. Good Job!

·
Registered
556 Posts
The Blue Hoo (1/3/2008)did you shoot him right over the feeder? is that legal in FL?
Thats what I was wondering.?.Can you shoot deer in FL under a corn feeder??? Or, did you drag him up there for a pic???

If you can hunt overa feeder, it seems a little too easy for me...I like a little more challenge than that.

Congrats, I guess..yougotcha one!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hey, Heart, have a heart- don't bust his balls!!!!! The man is very proud of his deer and he has every right to feel that way, whether you like hunting deer over a feeder or not!

I am proud for you, Jim! Hope you kill several more!:clap

·
Registered
556 Posts
beulahboy (1/3/2008)Hey, Heart, have a heart- don't bust his balls!!!!! The man is very proud of his deer and he has every right to feel that way, whether you like hunting deer over a feeder or not!

I am proud for you, Jim! Hope you kill several more!:clap
Didn't mean to bust his balls. Just didn't know you could kill deer from under a corn feeder. Like I said before (in case you didn't read this part)...CONGRATS!

4,058 Posts
HeartofDixie (1/3/2008)
beulahboy (1/3/2008)Hey, Heart, have a heart- don't bust his balls!!!!! The man is very proud of his deer and he has every right to feel that way, whether you like hunting deer over a feeder or not!

quote]

he didnt say anything degrading about the guy's buck. just mentioned he personally would prefer more of a challenge. i completely agree too. spreading corn out here and there is one thing. hunting right over a feeder is like shooting fish in a barrel. personally, i like hunting creek bottoms and swamps where i come out wet and bloody as hell from the absolute shit i have had to crawl thru to get to/from my hunting area, oftentimes, such nearly inaccessible areas hold the most (and biggest) bucks; but nice buck nonetheless

1 - 20 of 55 Posts