Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning started off slow and stayed slow until 10:00 . Small 6 came out into clearcut and looked behind him. Im thinkin " no way?" Most the bucks should be fightin each other off at this time of year....... at first couldn't see anything. Then big boy trotted out. They were at 80 yards and trotting at an angle away from me
( think they caught wind of me). So.... thinkin this would be my only chance. I stood up in the lock on and free handed him. HE BOLTED. thinking i had missed i put another round it and found him again at about 180-200 yards diggin. I took another breath and free handed again.........he took a dirt nap. Waited a bit and went down......1st shot location-no blood and 2 sets of runnin tracks. Went to 2nd location- no blood and 2 sets of runnin tracks........ now thinking maybe i seen him jump a log or something and that i had missed. Very pissed at this point i climbed up on a stump with my binocs.NOTHING.....as i lower my binocs i look down.......hes right under me PILED UP SON!!............at camp and cant post pics.8503935019 is my number if someone would like to post for me.

·
Super Moderator
29,541 Posts
Sweet!!! Good looking buck!!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Lucky

Little Phil congrats,
The only thing better than the picture of your buck is the story about how you killed it. You can almost tell a lie as good as you dad:thumbup: Just kidding with ya buddy. Great shot and nice buck. When we going to the Paris Hilton?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts