Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a WS Tarpon and have been out btb several times and feel comfortable in it in mild to moderate seas. I've also fished from an Outback and have really enjoyed the ease of bottom fishing and holding position in the wind with the pedal drive. With that being said, I go the coast 3-4 trips a year, usually 3-4 days of fishing each trip.
What is your opinion on pedal vs paddle when fishing BTB? Really for all applications.
I target different fish so I'm not neccisarily comparing just for trolling or bottom fishing, but just overall comparison...
Of course I would still love to have an outback or PA, not sure I can financially swing it this year. I guess this thread is to influence me to pull the trigger and get a Hobie or validate me fishing from my Tarpon...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I prefer to paddle because of bad knees. There's no boat I would trade my Kraken for, but I do get w little jealous of the peddle guys when bottom fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Went from paddling a ocean to pedaling a pro angler. I would never go back to paddling. But I'll say that I am now in the market for something with a motor but I do enjoy my pro angler for bay and up river fishing. Too bad I can only keep one toy at a time

·
Roll Tide
30 Posts
I paddled a ocean kayak big game, and a feelfree moken 14, pulled the trigger on a pa14. What a difference it made in my fishing. I won't never paddle again unless the mirage drive breaks lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts