Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting to get into the BTB kayak fishing for a while and have been slowly getting the appropriate gear. I live in Louisiana so it's a little bit of a haul. I figure to help me get an idea of what a day in the gulf is like I'm taking a BTB kayak charter out of Pensacola first week or so of June. I was wondering how has the waters been lately? Have the baitfish been plentiful or a slow spring? Being June is this starting to turn into the summer fishing trends? Anyways, after the charter I hope to make trips often. Well at least until work starts up again. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Seems to me it's been a little slow to fire up this year, but I have not been on the water nearly as much as I'd like. Haven't been offshore in a couple of weeks due to wind and work. I have not seen as much bait so far as the last few years but I also have not been out there looking for it lately, either. Hopefully others will chime in. We rescued a capsized kayaker last year on 3-barges at the outset of snapper season who had a partially filled kayak hull and was struggling to get back in and looked very tired and a little panicked. Please, please... be prepared and be safe, and make yourself as visible as possible!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the insight. I'm excited for the weekend. Ill let y'all know how it goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts