Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm placing an order for some Brute Outdoor Coolers next week if anyone is interested. I am the only dealer in Florida.

Here is a link to my online store where they are listed. http://fishhappens.net/shop/brute-outdoors-coolers/

These coolers are 100% American made and are true to size when determining cooler size. If it says its a 50 qt then its a true 50qt inside. Unlike most of the other cooler companies out there where they measure cooler size based on the overall outside size of the cooler.

Makes a great casting platform as well. Give me a shout if your interested in one. [email protected] | 850-712-1727

·
Registered
948 Posts
What hinges do they use? SS pin through the rotomolded plastic or stainlee hinge assembly? I can't find any pics or description of their hinges or hardware.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What hinges do they use? SS pin through the rotomolded plastic or stainlee hinge assembly? I can't find any pics or description of their hinges or hardware.
The hinges are stainless bolts with a stainless wing nut molded into the hinge. I don't have a pic of it off hand but will be glad to meet with you and show you last 50 qt I have in stock.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hinges are stainless bolts with a stainless wing nut molded into the hinge. I don't have a pic of it off hand but will be glad to meet with you and show you last 50 qt I have in stock.
Thus if one breaks, you can just back the bolt out and put a new one right back in. No pins or anything cheap. The front latches are thick rubber and very easy to latch. Also the cooler is not prone to vapor lock like yetis.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,599 Posts
Wondering if the lid seals airtight like the yeti? "Meaning can it be used as dry storage/seat on my paddleboard, and will it keep my phone dry when it is upside down and under water" where can I physically put my hands on one of these coolers and check them out? The only benefit I can see over yeti is if the cooler is much lighter than yeti's if so I will buy a couple, if not then company won't last long... Just My honest opinion.....

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wondering if the lid seals airtight like the yeti? "Meaning can it be used as dry storage/seat on my paddleboard, and will it keep my phone dry when it is upside down and under water" where can I physically put my hands on one of these coolers and check them out? The only benefit I can see over yeti is if the cooler is much lighter than yeti's if so I will buy a couple, if not then company won't last long... Just My honest opinion.....
I have never actually flipped one over to see if it leaks. Might be worth investigating that. Anyway, yes, the lids are air and water tight. I have a 50 qt handy you can check out.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are there plans for coolers larger than 100 qt?
Yes, they are in the process of developing a 150 qt. nothing more at the time. I'm not sponsored by this company or anything, they are just good people and I'd like to try to help get their name out. AND, their 100% American made. I like that.

·
Registered
157 Posts

The company has been around a while now. I have had mine for over a year. Looks like they have gone up on prices though.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,599 Posts
The company has been around a while now. I have had mine for over a year. Looks like they have gone up on prices though.
How do you like it, what size do you have? Has it held up? Review?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I like it alot. I wanna say I have a 90qt but it doesn't look like they list that size anymore so who knows. When I bought mine I got it for about 275. It has a different style latch than the rubber ones they have now and one actually broke a few weeks ago but they shipped me new latches no questions asked. Overall it is a great cooler that has withstood lots of punishment in the truck and the boat.
I'm sure they are even better now with the new latches.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Yes, they are in the process of developing a 150 qt. nothing more at the time. I'm not sponsored by this company or anything, they are just good people and I'd like to try to help get their name out. AND, their 100% American made. I like that.
Thanks for the info. 120-150 qt should be sufficient for most of us. Any bigger...use a built-in cooler or a fish bag.

Kudos for promoting a fledgling American enterprise. :notworthy:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts