Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love Brunswick Stew. Grew up on in. The Greyhound bus station cafe in Greenville used the leftover smoked pork (from BBQ sandw). Nice and smokey. Read recipe: I use whole corn and, to me, has to have green butterbeans. Cornbread to bout. I never used ground meat. HUMMM. A hardy meal for this weather!!!
I didnt use the ground beef, just chicken and pork. I've read in some places they only use squirrel. The best Ive had is from a civic group that sets up at the Ag Expo and Car swap in Moultrie GA

· Bearded Brotula
16,996 Posts
I have a huge cast iron cauldron that I use. I grew up calling it Camp Stew. Only use chicken and pork also. I also add okra.

· Registered
7,789 Posts
we think alike, steven. just pulled some garden tomatoes out of the freezer last night. working on a batch tonight.
i use my big black cast iron pot that i boiled the hog head in.
jack
Food Fruit Ingredient Natural foods Recipe

· Super Moderator
34,149 Posts
Steve at Wagonwheel next door use to make awesome stew.....He's been runned down lately and quit making it cause he said it takes alot of time and effort.... I might have to start making it!!!!

· Registered
7,789 Posts
3lbs ground chicken and pork, 2lbd smoked brisket, chicken stock, veggies, catsup, simmer 2hrs
jack

Reactions: stevenattsu

· Registered
7,789 Posts
jeff, i got distracted from another project and put the fish in the freezerator. i'll dig it out and maybe i'll have time tonight.
jack

Reactions: jspooney
1 - 14 of 14 Posts