Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been thinking of getting the browning x-bolt 270. at bass pro for the past month. I don't have a rifle and I'm thinking it will a good one for my first. The free floated chamber looks like it really helps with accuracy. What do y'all think about this rifle?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm about convinced in getting the 270. and mounting a Leupold on it. I'm looking to spend about $400 on the scope which one y'all recommend?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
and mounting a Leupold on it. I'm looking to spend about $400 on the scope which one y'all recommend?
I don't care where you buy it but a Meopta meopro 3-9x42 ($400) will smoke any $400 - $500 Leupold in clarity, brightness, edge to edge clarity, truer colors, etc., regardless of how big the objective lens is on the Leupold.

The .270 is an excellent cartridge and is perfectly capable for anything from deer to moose.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I'm about convinced in getting the 270. and mounting a Leupold on it. I'm looking to spend about $400 on the scope which one y'all recommend?

$400 can get you VX-III or Vari X-III. Leupolds are lifetime warranty, so don't be scared of buying used in a pawn shop or online off a forum. Try 24hrcampfire.com and longrangehunting.com for the best used deals online.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Mike's has a sale on the Abolts for 499 right now. I have had one for years in 300win mag and love it. My next rifle will be the tikka.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts