Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just aquired One of these shotguns and I was Wondering if Anyone knows anything about them. browning Bps Mossy oak

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
The Browning BPS and the Remington 870 are just about the most reliable pump ever made. In my humble opinion. The autos are pretty good but will freeze just like any other auto.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
I own two of them...Bought the first one back in the year they came out 1982 ($250.00). The only problem I had with the first one was that the fore arm slide broke, replaced for about $15.00 I think. When I duck hunted I put them through hell. Got used many a year to break and push ice, (30' to 50') opening for decoys. We break the plate and shove it under the unbroken ice. Have a couple 870's also. Grab the BPS's tho. I like the pumps as I've had friends shooting auto and froze. Never had mine freeze even after it got totally submerged in freezing conditions.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Thats my turkey gun in 12ga. 2 3/4in, 3in, 3 1/2....the 3in kicks hard enough for me :doh:clap...

with the right choke tube that thing is deadly out at 40yrds

·
Registered
870 Posts
Heck of a gun, I have the black one and am looking to get it camo'd this spring. I use it for turkey, dove, ducks, Illinois goose hunting, you name it. Love it. Very solid and quiet, the pump does not jiggle and make noise like some of the other's do. Only thing I hate about it is that it is more to buy an extra barrel than it is to buy a new mossberg or remington gun, I.e. I wanted to get a HD barrel and a slug barrel but it is cheaper just to buy a brand new remington slug gun. Other than that, love it.

·
twiceRetired Serve No One
4,331 Posts
Had a BPS10 for years.

Made in Japan = well made

I liked the bottom eject and top <SPAN class=J-JK9eJ-PJVNOc goog-spell-original="saftey">safety

never had a problem , and i put it through hell.

Great gun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts