Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
two weeks ago my boat broke down. found out it was spark plugs and fuel line was clogged. got new plugs and took it out..fired up and took off into bay only to break down under middle of 3 mile. sat there for two hours and no one came by to help. tried to troll back and trolling motor died..haha i was like what the hell man..scorched in the sun we sat in the bay trying to figure out the motor. took all the hoses off and they were clogged with sand which is weird bc why is sand in the fuel line? i flush the motor EVERY time out. blew into the over flow for the fuel tank and it bubbled and spit some out. put the hoses back and BOOM we were going 60mph on glass top water...found schools of mullets in the thousands!! chased them around as the jacks were exploding on them..kings and reds every where..i was freaking out....sadly they didnt hit the flukes we were throwing..wish we coulda netted those mullet but it is impossible for me to throw the 10ft net i bought..haha shoulda went with like a 8 or 6. beautiful sunset and then 35cent wings at the break..all in all..was a good day and boats ready for the sunday morning trip...HAPPY!

·
Super Moderator
29,683 Posts
Sounds about like my trip Monday morning!!! Hope you work everything out!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Cast net

I YouTubed how to throw a net of that size from a boat and get some great pointers. I have no problem throwing my 10ftr from a boat or a land now. Just My 2c
two weeks ago my boat broke down. found out it was spark plugs and fuel line was clogged. got new plugs and took it out..fired up and took off into bay only to break down under middle of 3 mile. sat there for two hours and no one came by to help. tried to troll back and trolling motor died..haha i was like what the hell man..scorched in the sun we sat in the bay trying to figure out the motor. took all the hoses off and they were clogged with sand which is weird bc why is sand in the fuel line? i flush the motor EVERY time out. blew into the over flow for the fuel tank and it bubbled and spit some out. put the hoses back and BOOM we were going 60mph on glass top water...found schools of mullets in the thousands!! chased them around as the jacks were exploding on them..kings and reds every where..i was freaking out....sadly they didnt hit the flukes we were throwing..wish we coulda netted those mullet but it is impossible for me to throw the 10ft net i bought..haha shoulda went with like a 8 or 6. beautiful sunset and then 35cent wings at the break..all in all..was a good day and boats ready for the sunday morning trip...HAPPY!

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
txfam6 said:
I YouTubed how to throw a net of that size from a boat and get some great pointers. I have no problem throwing my 10ftr from a boat or a land now. Just My 2c
Yea practice makes perfect well almost anyways I been throwin a 12ft net off ny step dads boat for a few years now. But I've also been throwin mullet nets since I can remember prolly bout 10 or 12 and bait nets before that and I'm 22 now

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
mfbt said:
You said you saw kings too? Would you be will to tell me what area? Just curious because I plan on hitting the bay for kings this week.

·
Registered
215 Posts
That may be the ethanol breaking down and resembling sand. I had those same symptoms and scenario and was told ethanol was the culprit. I cleaned out the filter and pump bulb (ball) ,added some Sea Foam and ran the good fuel thereafter.

Good luck.

Rick

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,306 Posts
Here is a picture of the crap inside a fuel line. The inner lining had "melted" loose of the fuel line. Over time the lining would probably turn into a goo.

Attachments

·
Registered
806 Posts
do u have any enemys or anyone out for u the oldest trick in the book is putting sugar salt or sand in a fuel tank to sabatoge a motor these days sugar wont do much as the filters and lines shut down before it hurts the motor i would imagine salt or sand would be worse especialy salt u might want to look inside your tank just to make sure nothing like that happened i couldnt tell u how on a larger fuel capicity boat all i might be able to tell u is get the sandy substance in your fuel lines put it betwen 2 fingers and rub them if its a broken down fule line ethanol salt sugar or anything that can be broken down by petrolium based solvents should turn to liquid sand will always stay sand
not saying this hapened for sure but sand cant as far as i know get into the fuel system without it being put there
im no mechanic so if someone knows better feel free to correct me good luck

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey guys thanks for all the responses!. no i dont have any enemies that i know of i only moved here 6 months ago and have been as friendly as i can because im trying to establish relations..id like to end up as a charter captain or mate on an offshore vessel. that picture that was posted looked exactly like what we had ripped out yesterday and then it ran fine. also, the stuff that was in the fuel line was white grit lookin like sand or salt. the kings we saw slammin baits were by the rock piles near that giant crane by three mile. we were there at the end of the day from 5-730 if that helps..all these fish were slamming the mullets down! originally we were searching for tarpon but no dice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.