Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a Texas style brisket using the Texas crutch. Smoked at 225°, wrapped at 160°. Took off the smoker when the point hit 200°. Let it rest for 2 hours wrapped in a cooler. 10lber took 15 hours. Came out amazing. Sliced the flat, chopped the point.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
one of these days you guys are going to convince me to try smoking a brisket. wallyworld has them for 3.97.
jack

·
Registered
Sportsman 247
15 Posts
Beware of cheaper grades of brisket, the wife bought a "select" grade years ago and it was tough. I'm going to try the "wrap in smoking paper coated with Wagyu" for the crutch instead of a foil wrap next. If I could only afford the gas to drive to the store to buy a brisket, lol.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Some of y’all have some serious skill. Makes me want to try it - then I remember I can’t hardly boil an egg. That looks amazing and I bet all your neighbors were jealous when they smelled that smoke rolling.

·
Bearded Brotula
16,101 Posts
Guy posted his brisket on one of the FB pages I'm on. He's getting torched.
Food Ingredient Animal product Cuisine Rectangle

Reactions: halo1

·
Super Moderator
30,340 Posts
Folks are intimidated by brisket....not sure why, maybe the costs of a good one......you really wanna do something that will make your stomach get tied up in knots? Dry age a huge Prime Rib Roast.....scarry but well worth it!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts