Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. New to the forum here. I normally fish Choctaw Bay but was thinking about trying Blackwater River. I checked out the boat ramp at the little park just east and north of the river on Hwy 90. Noticed a low clearance at the bridge/trussel just to the south.

I have a 16' Carolina Skiff with a polling platform. Top of the platform is about 4' above the water line. What do you think? Can I make it under the bridge?

Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As long as the tide is not too high; you should be able to go under the trestle through one of the two spans on the east side of the draw (two spans havea higher clearance than the rest of thetrestle).

Unless you're just looking for a challenge; you will probably have better luck fishing Yellow River.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ButtNekid (10/11/2007)

Unless you're just looking for a challenge; you will probably have better luck fishing Yellow River.
Really? I'd heard somewhere/sometime about stripers in Blackwater. I guess they're not all that plentiful?

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You should be able to get under there just fine,i have a 19ft sundance with center console and i have about a foot over my console on high tide this week.There is some stripers in blackwater too.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I saw two Striped bass at the downtown milton boardwalk earlier this week. Along with a buch of bream.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts