Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a BRAND NEW, NEVER FIRED Sig Pro SP2022 in 9mm that comes with all the original stuff (blue hard case, 15-rd mag, manual, lock, etc) along with two additional 15-rd magazines as well as some personal defense and plinking ammo.

I bought it about 3-4 months ago and just haven't had the time to even shoot it once. I really need a shotgun, so I'm selling this to buy a new semi-auto 12-gauge Beretta.

Get it all now for $550.

Due to federal firearms laws, I CANNOT sell this handgun to anyone who is NOT an alabama resident unless you want to process the transaction thru a FFL dealer. You can still buy the gun in-person for cash, but we must complete the sale at a FFL store and you must pay their processing fees for the background check, etc.

·
Praedator
9,976 Posts
bamachem (10/17/2007)

Due to federal firearms laws, I CANNOT sell this handgun to anyone who is NOT an alabama resident unless you want to process the transaction thru a FFL dealer. You can still buy the gun in-person for cash, but we must complete the sale at a FFL store and you must pay their processing fees for the background check, etc.
Unless you are a dealer, there is no law that says you have to go through a FFL. Private transactions are perfectly legal. You may choose to go the FFL route to cover your basis 100% though. It is always good to get a complete bill of sale and theID information of who you're selling to for your records and to show that it was sold.

Good luck with the sale.

Jon

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
It is a nice piece, with good performance background. Good luck with it.

PM Skidder and see what he offers. We should all PM him and offer him a rifle, pistol, shotgun, or gun safe, for way more than it is worth. Flood his PM box everyday.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Knot a Yacht (10/17/2007)
bamachem (10/17/2007)

Unless you are a dealer, there is no law that says you have to go through a FFL. Private transactions are perfectly legal. You may choose to go the FFL route to cover your basis 100% though. It is always good to get a complete bill of sale and theID information of who you're selling to for your records and to show that it was sold.

Good luck with the sale.

Jon

I know in Arkansas I could not go out of state and buy a Pistol or Revolver. There is no law governing long guns as far as I know. But If I were to sell you apistol/revolver and knew you were from out of state the ATF would be very unhappy about that. So I am pretty sure you are right. Long Guns are a whole different story.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Garbo (10/17/2007)It is a nice piece, with good performance background. Good luck with it.

PM Skidder and see what he offers. We should all PM him and offer him a rifle, pistol, shotgun, or gun safe, for way more than it is worth. Flood his PM box everyday.

I very much like that idea Curtis!!!! is he over here yet?:toast

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Knot a Yacht (10/17/2007)
bamachem (10/17/2007)

Good luck with the sale.

Jon

It isa FELONY (Federal)to transfer ownership of firearms (long guns or handguns) across a state line without a FFL.

Here's a copy of the law: CLICK THIS LINK for the full text

18 U.S.C. 922(a)(5)

It shall be unlawful for any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides; except that this paragraph shall not apply to (A) the transfer, transportation, or delivery of a firearm made to carry out a bequest of a firearm to, or an acquisition by interstate succession of a firearm by, a person who is permitted to acquire or possess a firearm under the laws of the State of his residence, and (B) the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;

A bequest is the disposition of property by will. Since this is not the case with this specific sale, and the gun is not going to be rented or loaned, then it is illegal to sell it to someone who does not reside in Alabama w/o them first going thru the proper channels with someone who holds a current Federal Firearms License.

PS: thanks for the free bumps! :clap

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was traded in this past weekend on a Beretta Urika 12ga...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts