Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 bolt main 5.7 350 bare block.

bought it from Summit Racing Equipment with plans on building it for

a old El Camino. Obviously that didn't happen.

It is basically still in the box.

It's in the way, what could I get for it??

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Hold out and get your money out of it. Is it .30 or a "new" block? You can send a email to Holt Dragway and they will post it for you for sale. There are always guys, and girl racers looking for a block to build. Its worth some money, it's be worth even more if the main bolts were splayed, but, yeah, make sure to get your money out of it, don't forget, its drag racing season! "Thrifty Nickel" too!

Chris

·
Registered
201 Posts
Need a little more information. Pictures of the block and cylinder walls would help. Brand new block is open ended. Is it a rebuilt stock block withwithout freeze plugs and cam bearings, or a new Dart block? A little more info would make it easier to quote you what it is worth. Post some pics, I might be interested. I just built a new SS motor, but I have a K-5 that is in need of a rebuild. If not, I'll post it for you on Panhandle Racing.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I'd wait as well if its .030 over or less. The circle trac racing will start soon & there's alwaysa need for 350blocks. C'mon spring!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.google.com/product_url?q=http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-10105123&fr=AKUcPonPWiRNLVhKcQmGABkalhHX3ryvnmiD4KAIVyvuDphobkGIGa4ISZt1GwuOYoUbUWjQNCBpr9Kiqce3MOAoMmQBZYqw6AXOylR71nMTxZWrJZuutdxPKY8xoe5sDQAAAAAAAAAA&gl=us&hl=en&sa=title

just in case link doesn't work. google item number 10105123

cost brand new from summit is 809.00

This one is also still in exact same condition as day it was shipped other than on a engine stand that will also come with it. So in all reality it's worth 800.00, but I understand that most would have one shipped from manufacture before they paid me the same amount.

Will post pictures later today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts