Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to re-line baitcasters - finally getting to where I can cast those - and spinning reels. Have used PowerPro on my spinners before and am looking at the Suffix line. Does anybody who actually uses braided lines - especially on casters - have any recs?

TIA.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
LOL! I did that just for you George!!!

I second invisibraid, but only if you don't mind a white braided line. I have it on several of my inshore setups

·
Super Moderator
7,009 Posts
I dont use bait casters but have been very pleased with Suffix 832 and PP super slick on my spinning outfits...

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts

I second invisibraid, but only if you don't mind a white braided line. I have it on several of my inshore setups
Thanks, I needed that!!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

OK, I'll bite. What makes it that much better? I'm asking because I really want to know. I last bought the Cabella's store brand camo stuff for my baitcasters (bass fishing) and had no issues with it. BUT! If there is a clearcut reason to spend more money I am interested.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
The invisibraid and the PP super slick are 8 carrier braids. Because they have more strands, they stay round, have a very slick feeling and are better on guides and skin. They don't dig into the spool as bad either.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The invisibraid and the PP super slick are 8 carrier braids. Because they have more strands, they stay round, have a very slick feeling and are better on guides and skin. They don't dig into the spool as bad either.
Thanks. I appreciate the info:yes:

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
In a nut shell they are a coated line and doesn't dig into itself either when you are casting. Therefore it illuminates the drag and results in farther casts.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
I will definitely give one a try soon -- need some new line on my surf reel and further is always a plus.
Chris V is the man that can hook you up with the braid also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts