Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not entirely sure where to put this. Has anyone used the cheaper braided lines. Powerpro is what i usually get but filling up a bunch of reels gets expensive fast.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I got a 1000 yd spool of cheap Chinese 30 lb braid off ebay last fall. Loaded up my surf rods with it. So far it seems well worth the money.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also got some Chinese braid off the "Wish" app. You can get 3 x's as much for the same price. I've yet to have any issues - and if I had to guess, it's the same braid without the brand name you know here, state-side. If you're concerned with the quality, just get a little heavier line.

Only drawback is it takes a 10-14 days to receive it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've had good luck with KastKing as far as durability, but it is considerably thicker than PowerPro.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i get a 1000m spool of 80# braid from dhgate.com. $20. free shipping.
japanese company called linethinkpower. same as powerpro to me.
any colors. but as mentioned: takes about two weeks to come from china.
jack

·
Registered
580 Posts
I know some folks are brand loyal to PP. But in regard to braid, going forward, Id never buy anything but Kast King. Dirt cheap and it holds up very well! The only complaints Ive ever heard about it was that it was thicker than PP and that the color fades. Personally, I dont care what color my line is, as long as the structural integrity is sound. As to the thickness, I dont usually go about measuring the girth of my braid. Maybe thats a factor for serious offshore/bluewater applications? For inshore, pier, surf and nearshore(within 10 miles), its been awesome for me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know some folks are brand loyal to PP. But in regard to braid, going forward, Id never buy anything but Kast King. Dirt cheap and it holds up very well! The only complaints Ive ever heard about it was that it was thicker than PP and that the color fades. Personally, I dont care what color my line is, as long as the structural integrity is sound. As to the thickness, I dont usually go about measuring the girth of my braid. Maybe thats a factor for serious offshore/bluewater applications? For inshore, pier, surf and nearshore(within 10 miles), its been awesome for me.
Good to hear, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts