Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Seems fairly simple. I like simple and strong. Tying the FG on the boat in even 2-3s is too much for me. I've been using a double Uni for many years but will give this one a try.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I have found this knot much easier to tie than an FG knot. Especially in the boat. Seems incredibly strong, actually rated by some of the experts to be stronger than the FG.
It’s called a GT knot.

I tie or try to tie FG's only at home and for long leaders/top shots that the knot actually makes it into the reel. That GT Knot is the pretty much the same knot I tie for every other braid to mono/floro leader except I tie it like you would a double uni just more wraps on the braid side. Pulling the mono/floro down like that is hard for me my eyes just don't like the tight spaces anymore.

·
Registered
7,266 Posts
You can tie a double-uni while getting a lap dance from an old old stripper. Don't ask.

·
Registered
576 Posts
sorry but after practice I can tie an FG knot quickly and efficiently on the boat. With the risotto twist finishing it off, it simply is the strongest and smoothest transition from braid to leader that I've ever used. When fishing for tuna, I'm not going to experiment when I have something that works 100% of the time. Spend some time practicing the FG knot and you can tie it anywhere.

·
Bearded Brotula
16,656 Posts
You can tie a double-uni while getting a lap dance from an old old stripper. Don't ask.
Does an old old stripper make it tougher or easier than a young stripper?

• Haha
Reactions: chuck62

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry but after practice I can tie an FG knot quickly and efficiently on the boat. With the risotto twist finishing it off, it simply is the strongest and smoothest transition from braid to leader that I've ever used. When fishing for tuna, I'm not going to experiment when I have something that works 100% of the time. Spend some time practicing the FG knot and you can tie it anywhere.
I do like the FG knot, I am just not as proficient at tying it as I would like to be. I have practiced but cannot seem to get it right every time. This knot is essentially a uni on the braid side and a doubled overhand knot on the leader side. If I could tie the FG as well as you, I would use it. I like the way it goes through the guides.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts