Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a penn 750ss metal and the guy had 50# power pro on it. i have never used braid before and was wondering if you can tie the same kind of knots that you would using mono?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Some work, some don't. I like to tie one called a braid knot(heard it on a knot show actually). Go through the eye 3 times, keep both the loops that are formed. Wrap around the main line 6-8 times and go back through the first twist's loop, and the two loops formed by the eye. Moisten and pull tight. I have never had a fish break this knot. A guy I fished with this summer had his rod break before the fish broke this knot

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
Some work, some don't. I like to tie one called a braid knot(heard it on a knot show actually). Go through the eye 3 times, keep both the loops that are formed. Wrap around the main line 6-8 times and go back through the first twist's loop, and the two loops formed by the eye. Moisten and pull tight. I have never had a fish break this knot. A guy I fished with this summer had his rod break before the fish broke this knot
That sounds like a Trilene on steroids.

·
The Yakslayer
590 Posts
Use a uni to uni knot for tying braid to mono or flourocarbon and a palomar knot to tie to swivels or if you direct tie (I don't). I've never had either of these two knots fail. The powerpro website has a good illustration of knots they recommend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts